Immigration & Family Law Attorneys
Se Habla Español 832.462.7530 En Español
FAQ Have a Question? Contact Us For a Case Evaluation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Legal Guidance from Our Richmond Immigration Lawyer

At Avalos & Associates, P.C. our Richmond immigration attorney prioritizes client education. Find confidence in our desire to empower you to continue to fight for your future, whether in immigration law matters, criminal defense cases, or family law cases. Regardless of the particulars of your case, you can trust that, when you work with our legal team, you are partnering with a firm who is dedicated to your best interests. Here, you can find answers to some of the most common immigration concerns.

Can I bring my parents to live here if I am a legal U.S. citizen?
After filing the appropriate petition, your parents are likely to be approved to come to the United States. We often recommend filing separate petitions for each individual parent.

I have a criminal record. Can I still get a green card?
If you have committed a serious crime, it is not likely you will receive a green card. However, many minor foreign crimes can be petitioned during your application process.

I married a U.S. citizen. Do I get a green card?
You do not automatically receive a green card as a result of your marriage. However, since you have become an "immediate relative" of a citizen, you are now eligible to apply for one.

Is it difficult to pass an Adjustment of Status interview?
To smooth your interview, bring photo identification, arrive on time, and bring proof of your marriage (if applicable). Remember that most individuals seeking to adjust their status are required to attend an interview. Learn more about Adjustment of Status with our immigration attorneys.

My family and I entered the United States on a visa, but it has expired. We need to remain here for medical reasons. What are our options?
The answer to this question depends on the strength of your argument and on the discretion of the immigration officer who is assigned to your case. Sometimes, visa extensions are granted for humanitarian reasons.

Get answers to your questions by calling our Richmond immigration lawyer at (832) 462-7530.

View Our Frequently Asked Questions Information Directly From Our Attorneys Read FAQ

Contact Our Team

We Will Help You Achieve Your American Dreams
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.